Re: [css3-userint] Cursor names

From: Nicholas Shanks <contact@nickshanks.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 23:50:23 +0100
To: David Håsäther <hasather@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On 17 September 2011 22:59, David Håsäther <hasather@gmail.com> wrote:
> * Nicholas Shanks:
>
>> I think the "spinning" cursor keyword from section 4.1 should be
>> renamed "processing". At least on the Mac OS, what users call the
>> 'spinning cursor' means that the user cannot interact with the
>> application. Also, spinning describes a suggested appearance rather
>> than the intent or status (copy is not plus, alias is not
>> curved-arrow, etc).
>
> The specification has been superseded by the “CSS3 Basic User
> Interface” module, and the value is now called “progress”, see
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-ui/#links>.

Ahh sorry. I wasn't paying attention to the date!
I got the link from here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/CR-css3-color-20030514/#informative
Which in turn was linked to from here:
http://annevankesteren.nl/2003/12/w3c-isnt-really-consistent
Which I can't remember how I got to. Ahh, the internet…

--
Nicholas.