Re: [css3-animations] Possible spec bug?

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 23:02:48 +0200, Lea Verou <leaverou@gmail.com> wrote:

> Check this out: http://jsfiddle.net/leaverou/jwHva/2/
>
> If you remove border-style: solid; from the div {...} rule, the
> animation stops having a visible effect, even though both the
> interpolated values contain border-style:solid; (in the shorthand). This
> doesn't change even with animation-fill-mode: both; It happens in both
> Webkit and Mozilla, so it's probably not a browser bug.

I believe the problem is that the spec says this:

"Properties that are unable to be animated are ignored in these rules"

Since border-*-style is not animatable, putting 'solid' in the keyframes
doesn't do anything.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA