Re: User Agents Do Not Implement Absolute Length Units, Places Responsive Design in Jeopardy

From: Brian Blakely <anewpage.media@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 16:10:09 -0400
To: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, www-style@w3.org
This is an idea I strongly believe should be a separate unit or solution

It's super-useful for something like Sony's wearable
wherein the viewport is physically small but apparently (I haven't tried it)
functionally equivalent to a big-screen display.

However, I feel that is a corner case, and in most cases authors will want
to use linear physical data, to then arrive at their own design conclusions
about legibility and appropriate use.