Re: User Agents Do Not Implement Absolute Length Units, Places Responsive Design in Jeopardy

This is an idea I strongly believe should be a separate unit or solution
path.

It's super-useful for something like Sony's wearable
display<http://technabob.com/blog/2011/09/04/sonys-hmz-t1-3d-oled-goggles/>,
wherein the viewport is physically small but apparently (I haven't tried it)
functionally equivalent to a big-screen display.

However, I feel that is a corner case, and in most cases authors will want
to use linear physical data, to then arrive at their own design conclusions
about legibility and appropriate use.

Cheers,
-Brian