Re: [css-device-adapt][cssom] Missing VIEWPORT_RULE definition

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 18:45:56 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>, www-style@w3.org
On Tuesday 2011-10-11 18:33 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Whose code?  Nobody should ever be typing numeric constants, right?
> The only reason they exist is because of tradition from languages that
> don't have interned strings, or something.

Last time I tried to use the named constants in JavaScript code I
found it wasn't interoperable, and had to use the numbers.  (I think
I was using the node type constants in that case.)  Then again,
alert(CSSRule.STYLE_RULE) works in Gecko, WebKit, and Opera.  (Maybe
the problem I had was with IE?)

-David