RE: [css3-images] simplifying radial gradients

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 22:25:25 +0000
To: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
CC: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Whatever you think is more helpful. I'd personally start
with something even more pedestrian and understandable to
a larger audience. Take these two popular gradient demo
pages:

Lea Verou's pattern gallery: http://leaverou.me/css3patterns/#

Estelle Weyl's gradient page: http://www.standardista.com/cssgradients/

For each - or a large subset of them - I'd like to see either the
equivalent based on Brad's proposal. Or an indication that it wouldn't
be doable.

Is it a perfect test ? No. But given where we are, I think it's fair
to assess a simplification proposal in terms of the impact it would
have on authors' ability to do what they already do.