Re: User Agents Do Not Implement Absolute Length Units, Places Responsive Design in Jeopardy

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 16:17:52 +1300
To: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Cc: Brian Blakely <anewpage.media@gmail.com>, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Alex Danilo <alex@abbra.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:

> I don’t see evidence of the guarantee that one CSS inch is one physical
> inch when printing.

By "we" I mean "CSS as correctly implemented". There's certainly no reason
why those other browsers couldn't do so; there are no compatibility hazards
here AFAIK.

I don’t think this is relevant to the current discussion

I believe it is relevant. People keep saying that the current CSS
definitions make "in" etc useless. I don't agree.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in
us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our