Re: User Agents Do Not Implement Absolute Length Units, Places Responsive Design in Jeopardy

On 10/5/11 2:35 PM, Brian Blakely wrote:
> We need to know the physical dimensions of the user's screen

OK, why?  Touch interface stuff, basically?

> which could very well be accomplished if the inch and centimeter unit types
> actually represented inches and centimeters in meatspace, which they do
> not at present.

This use case (esp. as it pertains to touch interfaces) is what the
"truemm" proposal is about, for those cases that really do need to know
the physical dimensions.

-Boris