Re: [css-regions] The region-overflow property

From: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 19:13:45 -0500
Cc: "robert@ocallahan.org" <robert@ocallahan.org>, "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
To: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>

On Oct 4, 2011, at 7:04 PM, Alan Stearns wrote:

> I donít understand what it would mean to break and honor either overflow:scroll or overflow:visible.

I have it implemented in WebKit, so I can just show you.

overflow:visible, region-break: break

overflow:hidden, region-break: break

overflow:visible, region-break:auto

overflow:hidden, region-break:auto

As for overflow:scroll, it would work how you expect and enable you to scroll through the remaining content. I would imagine the break would only occur as though you were positioned at a scrollTop of 0. I can't show this, since i don't yet support overflow:scroll properly on any regions yet.

dave
(hyatt@apple.com)