Re: backdrop for fullscreened elements and modal dialogs/lightboxes

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 11:50:04 +1300
To: "Edward O'Connor" <eoconnor@apple.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
I have a question about <dialog>. If you show a <dialog> inside an
outer page too?

I suspect the latter. If so, then the only difference between the rendering
of <dialog> and the rendering of fullscreen elements is whether the
toplevel browsing context should actually fill the screen or not. Is that
right?

If so, then maybe <dialog> should just use all the fullscreen machinery,
just in a special mode where the browser window doesn't go fullscreen.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not
in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us