Re: [css-3d-transforms] Opacity and perspective handling

From: Matt Woodrow <mwoodrow@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 10:50:44 +1300
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
CC: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, "Dean Jackson (dino@apple.com)" <dino@apple.com>, "Simon Fraser (smfr@me.com)" <smfr@me.com>
On 19/11/11 10:59 AM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> [Matt Woodrow:]
>> The spec for the perspective property [1] states that it ' applies only to the positioned or
>> transformed children of the element'. Is 'children' meant to mean 'descendants' here?
>> In this test case [2], WebKit is applying perspective to the transform, even though the
>> transformed frame isn't a direct child of the frame with perspective. Is this expected behaviour,
>> or a bug?
> I believe you are right; this is supposed to be descandants.
How should this work if you have multiple, nested transforms without
Should the perspective be applied to all elements, or should the
descendent search stop once it finds a descendent with a transform?

It seems like it would be simpler to require that perspective is only
applied from direct parents of the transformed element.

- Matt