Re: [css-3d-transforms] Opacity and perspective handling

On 19/11/11 10:59 AM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> [Matt Woodrow:]
>
>> The spec for the perspective property [1] states that it ' applies only to the positioned or
>> transformed children of the element'. Is 'children' meant to mean 'descendants' here?
>> In this test case [2], WebKit is applying perspective to the transform, even though the
>> transformed frame isn't a direct child of the frame with perspective. Is this expected behaviour,
>> or a bug?
> I believe you are right; this is supposed to be descandants.
How should this work if you have multiple, nested transforms without
preserve-3d?
Should the perspective be applied to all elements, or should the
descendent search stop once it finds a descendent with a transform?

It seems like it would be simpler to require that perspective is only
applied from direct parents of the transformed element.

- Matt