Re: [css3-lists] glyphs in single string

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 18:48:38 +0100
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Peter Moulder <peter.moulder@monash.edu>, www-style@w3.org
Also sprach Tab Atkins Jr.:

 > > Do we really need the longhand? Why not just have a space-separated
 > > list?
 >
 > We need the longhand because images are allowed as glyphs.

Right. How common will it be to combine images and glyphs in the same
list style? One indication that it may not be too common is that there
are no examples of this use in the spec.

It seems that all the examples in the spec that use strings can be
rewritten in the shorthand syntax.

So, I suggest adding the space-separated shorthand syntax and rewrite
examples to use it.

Cheers,

-h&kon