Re: [css3-content] sizing of images inserted using the content property

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 18:37:10 +0100, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
wrote:

> My preference is the first option.
>
> We could also replace this sentence in section 8 (Replaced content):
>
>   # If the computed value of the part of the ‘content’ property that
>   # ends up being used is a single URI, then the element or
>   # pseudo-element is a replaced element.
>
> with:
>
>   # If the part of the ‘content’ property that ends up being used
>   # precedes a comma (i.e., it has additional fallback after it),
>   # then the element or pseudo-element is a replaced element.

This wording is much clearer, so we should use this if we keep the
specified
behavior. I just worry that it may be surprising to authors that adding a
fallback after an image would cause the image to be sized differently.

  - Florian