Re: Unprefixing CSS properties

On 16 November 2011 19:17, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com> wrote:
> And thus I'll reiterate...
>
> Brian:
>> Side proposal:  CSSWG should probably make a wiki page so people
>> can easily add the newest observations or proposals to a common
>> location, since this seems to come up at least once a month.
>
> Perhaps the next restart should be a [css3-prefixing] ED with an established owner, rather than a Wiki.
>
> Personally speaking, I'm already bored with restarting the discussion from zero once a month (or whatever) and I've only been dealing with it for a year or two.
>
> Emails haven't seemed to produce progress on their own, or at least enough progress IMO.

I'm not sure how an open-ended discussion on a wiki will help any more
than an open-ended discussion on a mailing list without some
commitment from all the vendors that there is a problem and some kind
of a timetable for making a decision. I was watching the W3C conf
stream today, and seeing browser reps talking about wanting feedback
from developers about priorities, well this is a priority for me, and
others too I believe.

That said, I don't know what the answer is, I could offer suggestions
but I'm sure they would have their flaws, and any discussion would
quickly drift into the mutinate of syntax and spec development
processes, and as usual the impetus to actually make a change would
melt away.

Jon Rimmer