RE: Unprefixing CSS properties

From: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 19:17:42 +0000
To: Jon Rimmer <jon.rimmer@gmail.com>
CC: Yehuda Katz <wycats@gmail.com>, "robert@ocallahan.org" <robert@ocallahan.org>, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>, www-style <www-style@w3.org>
Jon:
> Whatever the theoretical
> intentions and merits of prefixing, if people are actively working
> around it, it means they don't want it, and a rethink is required.

And thus I'll reiterate...

Brian:
> Side proposal:  CSSWG should probably make a wiki page so people
> can easily add the newest observations or proposals to a common
> location, since this seems to come up at least once a month.

Perhaps the next restart should be a [css3-prefixing] ED with an established owner, rather than a Wiki.

Personally speaking, I'm already bored with restarting the discussion from zero once a month (or whatever) and I've only been dealing with it for a year or two.

Emails haven't seemed to produce progress on their own, or at least enough progress IMO.