Re: Unprefixing CSS properties

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 13:45:59 +1300
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org
On 11/17/11 1:39 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Recognizing when a feature is ready takes more than zero time, and
> other features can become ready before anyone notices the first.
> Delaying by a month or two while another feature that's *nearly* ready
> finishes stabilizing reduces the bureaucracy involved.

By a month or two, sure.  Our delays have tended to be measured in years...

Here's a thought: can we simply "release" things on a schedule, similar
to what some UAs are doing with their rendering engines?  Whatever is
ready when the date rolls around gets moved to CR.  If the set is empty,
it's empty.

A 4-month cycle or something might work reasonably well.

-Boris