Re: Unprefixing CSS properties

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 16:39:57 -0800
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

>> If we were being dogmatic and silly about it, sure.  In practice,
>> features can still be grouped somewhat.
>
> Why?  Why delay releasing feature A once it's ready?  That assumes it's
> ready, of course.

Recognizing when a feature is ready takes more than zero time, and
other features can become ready before anyone notices the first.
Delaying by a month or two while another feature that's *nearly* ready
finishes stabilizing reduces the bureaucracy involved.  (I said that
punting to the next level isn't as hard as people are implying, not
that it's zero-cost.)