Re: [css3-text] ED reviewed

Le 31/05/11 21:36, Håkon Wium Lie a écrit :

> 8.2 Last Line Alignment: the ‘text-align-last’ property
>
> Instead of the proposed new 'text-align-last', I suggest using a pseudo-element:
>
>    p:last-line {
>      text-align: center;
>    }
>
> This would provide greater expressive power; one can set fonts, color etc.

Agreed. I remind you that the CSS WG objected multiple times in the past
against any selection mechanism for lines other than the first one.

BTW, that would be ::last-line with a double colon.

While we're here, and since the original objections don't seem to stand,
why can't we have ::line(an+b) with a syntax similar to :nth-child() ?
There's a common use case in newspapers where a lot of articles use a
given font size for the first line or the two first lines, another
smaller one for the three/four next ones and finally another smaller
font size for the rest of the article. I have in front of me an example
taken from printed press where the lines assimilated to different
blocks.

</Daniel>