[css-image] gradients, animations and photosensitive epilepsy

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 04:55:01 +1000
To: CSS 3 W3C Group <www-style@w3.org>
Hello all,

I do believe that the gradient that is seen on this page should never be
allow to work.

Even for an author who may have worked with some gradients, the results
of using such small distances between color stops could cause someone
with photosensitive epilepsy [1] to have a seizure without warning. I
myself find it hard to scroll this gradient.

I do suggest that the CSS WG get feedback from several people who are
qualified in the field of photosensitive epilepsy regarding certain
gradients and animations.

I myself have always been careful in the use of color with my test and
demos. I do avoid using large segments of red, yellow or fuchsia as
background colors. This is since my wife has a form of photosensitive
epilepsy. I will be changing some of my own animations (increasing
transparency). One has already been changed.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photosensitive_epilepsy

Alan Gresley