[css-image] gradients, animations and photosensitive epilepsy

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 04:55:01 +1000
To: CSS 3 W3C Group <www-style@w3.org>
Hello all,

I do believe that the gradient that is seen on this page should never be
allow to work.

http://css-class.com/test/css/3/gradients/repeating-radial-gradients-danger.htm

Even for an author who may have worked with some gradients, the results
of using such small distances between color stops could cause someone
with photosensitive epilepsy [1] to have a seizure without warning. I
myself find it hard to scroll this gradient.

I do suggest that the CSS WG get feedback from several people who are
qualified in the field of photosensitive epilepsy regarding certain
gradients and animations.

I myself have always been careful in the use of color with my test and
demos. I do avoid using large segments of red, yellow or fuchsia as
background colors. This is since my wife has a form of photosensitive
epilepsy. I will be changing some of my own animations (increasing
transparency). One has already been changed.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photosensitive_epilepsy

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/