Re: [css3-writing-modes] Request to publish Last Call Working Draft

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 19:29:06 +1000
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
CC: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, w3c-css-wg <w3c-css-wg@w3.org>
On 21/05/2011 8:16 AM, fantasai wrote:
> All right, I'm all out of open issues, aside from the CSS2.1/CSS3WM one
> on nested bidi and breaking inlines across lines [1], which needs to be
> discussed by the WG.
>
> So I'm requesting to publish a Last Call Working Draft of CSS3 Writing
> Modes
> to trigger a wider review by the i18n community.
>
> Here is the latest editor's draft:
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-writing-modes/
>
> If there are outstanding issues other than [1] that I have not addressed,
> please bring them to my attention.
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011May/0186.html
>
> Thanks,
> ~fantasai

Why does the draft spec avoid start and end values. I know that 'beas'
didn't quite work but I do believe in is safe to use start and end
values for margin, border, padding and text-align on both inline-level
and block-level elements.

http://css-class.com/test/css/bidi/start-and-end-values.htm

--
Alan Gresley