Re: [css3-images] Changing the angles in gradients

On 19/05/2011 3:06 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 12:57 PM, Tab Atkins Jr.<jackalmage@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> So, we have three choices:
>>
>> A) Keep the angles as they are, with 0deg=East and 90deg=North
>> B) Switch to screen-coord polar, with 0deg=East and 90deg=South
>> C) Switch to bearing angles, with 0deg=North and 90deg=East
>
> Based on the frankly overwhelming preference for C expressed in the
> various feedback channels, particularly the css3.info poll, I'll
> change the spec to use bearing angles.
>
> ~TJ

This thread is about angles for linear-gradient. What orientation is the
gradient with a linear-gradient that has no angle declared? What does
this default to?

<!doctype html>

div {
   height: 150px;
   width: 150px;
   border: 2px solid blue;
   background: -webkit-linear-gradient(orange, orange 75px, blue 75px,
blue);
   background: -moz-linear-gradient(orange, orange 75px, blue 75px, blue);
   background: -ms-linear-gradient(orange, orange 75px, blue 75px, blue);
}

If it changes to C (0deg=North and 90deg=East), then the orange part of
the gradient will face to the east. So instead of just changing the
behavior of linear-gradient with angles, it will also change the
behavior of linear-gradient with no angles declared.

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/