RE: [css3-regions] Feedback on regions document

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 22:17:22 +0000
To: Vincent Hardy <vhardy@adobe.com>, David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
CC: "www-style@w3.org CSS" <www-style@w3.org>

I am very cautious about creating a kind of element that has both pagination and sizing to content. It appears possible in some cases (clearly the dropcap example in Adobe prototype would benefit form a shrink-to-fit container for the dropcap), but it sounds scary as a general concept. It is possible that my fears are unsubstantiated, I'll think more about it...

Alex