Re: [css3-regions] more feedback

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 10:53:56 -0700
To: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Cc: "Vincent Hardy (vhardy@adobe.com)" <vhardy@adobe.com>, "www-style@w3.org CSS" <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Regions are created by author *or script*. If the author has decided to show text in a series of containers, they have to either rely on specific dimensions and fonts (as in print) or add containers dynamically (with script).
>
> I suppose you can consider scripted regions are also "added automatically by UA" if that's an important distinction...

Hmm, I don't understand what your point is.  Yes, authors can create
additional containers via script.  Excess content will then flow into
the new containers.

Your two scenarios aren't actually all there is - you can instead just
make the final container suitable for absorbing arbitrary content,
like making it a multicol element.

~TJ