RE: [css3-regions] more feedback

Regions are created by author *or script*. If the author has decided to show text in a series of containers, they have to either rely on specific dimensions and fonts (as in print) or add containers dynamically (with script).

I suppose you can consider scripted regions are also "added automatically by UA" if that's an important distinction...