Re: [css3-ruby] ruby-position

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 17:04:47 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
On 05/04/2011 05:01 AM, Koji Ishii wrote:
> I remember we discussed this, but I can't remember why we didn't like
> 'right right'. Was that because it could be misleading when second
> half was omitted?

Yes, the concern Richard raised was that people writing in vertical
text would choose 'right' when they really meant 'before/over/above/whatever'.

> One concern for 'inter-character' and 'inter-base' is that it isn't
> directional and therefore it could point to either left or right.

True. Although having it on the "after" side of the base makes the most
sense to me.

> How about 'inter-right'?

Um. That's kinda non-grammatical. :) "inter" is a prefix that means "between".
It needs to be attached to something, and attaching it to "right" doesn't make
any sense...

~fantasai