Re: [css3-writing-modes] referring to Unicode

Mark Davis ⚖ wrote:

> > referring to a Unicode technical note
>
> This is simply mistaken. UAX11 is not "a technical note". It is an
> annex to the Unicode Standard.

My bad, sorry for using the wrong terminology here.

> > to point to the specific data fields in the respective
>
> The Unicode Standard specifies properties that defined by data in
> the UCD. However, consulting only the data files has caused many an
> implementer to jump to the wrong conclusion about the meaning of the
> data, which is defined either in the core specification or in
> annexes, such as UAX#11.

Agreed, only referring to the database without references doesn't make
sense either.  My point is not that we shouldn't refer to portions of
the Unicode specification or standard annexes but that CSS specs
should not rely on them to define implicitly the behavior of a given
CSS property.

Regards,

John Daggett