RE: [css3-animations] Times are listed as unitless

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 19:17:33 +0000
To: "Eric A. Meyer" <eric@meyerweb.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
I also brought this up [1] and it seems Gradients assume zero angles
require a unit.

Given the precedent, I agree it would be more author-friendly if zero
was allowed to have no unit everywhere. But even as someone who doesn't
write CSS parsers for a living, I am not sure the convenience is worth
the bug-prone ambiguity or more complex value syntax that can result. On
balance, making length the exception - on historical grounds and because
it is the most-used value type - does not seem unreasonable. But it does
feel icky.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Oct/0551.html