Re: [css3-images] Impl feedback requested - detached elements in element()

From: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 09:59:51 -0700
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>
On 4/28/11 8:05 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 4/28/11 10:07 PM, Charles Pritchard wrote:
>> Are CSS pixel ratio issues taken into account here?
>
> I'm not quite sure what you're asking here...

Is the content regenerated, if it can be, such as the case of an element rendered by scene graph and using a purely vector based model (such as online text with a ttf font) or is it a projection of the bitmap backing store which the render tree of the element generated.

That is: when a span with a font size of 12px is used, in a scaled manner (transform), is it regenerated at a higher resolution, or is a low resolution intended, with likely artifacts from scaling.

Is there an intention here to reflow and regenerate underlying bitmap data, or is the reference simply a call to redisplay an existing bitmap/rendering?(in reference to moz-element).