[CSS2.1] blocks with missing start bracket and parsing error

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 19:15:36 +1100
To: CSS 3 W3C Group <www-style@w3.org>
Hello again,

After my initial thread with a reply from Björn [1] regarding a 'missing
end bracket', I will raise another issue now regarding a 'missing start
bracket'.

Please see this test case.

http://css-class.com/test/css21testsuite/blocks-035.xht

This time the pertinent CSS is this.

     p { background: blue }

     ]

    .test1 { background: green }

Currently all browser will show one blue line and one green line. Unlike
the 'missing end bracket' situation, we have a 'missing start bracket'.
My question is, what should happen?

1. <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Mar/0579.html>

--
Alan http://css-class.com/