Re: [CSS2.1] blocks with missing end bracket and parsing error

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 18:31:07 +1100
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
CC: Philippe Wittenbergh <ph.wittenbergh@l-c-n.com>, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>, CSS 3 W3C Group <www-style@w3.org>
On 26/03/2011 1:55 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 3/25/11 10:31 PM, Alan Gresley wrote:
>> I have a simpler test cases that shows the same behavior.
>>
>> <http://css-class.com/test/css21testsuite/blocks-036.xht>
>
> The right behavior here is two red backgrounds.
>
> -Boris

Thank you Boriz. I have updated the two test cases.

<http://css-class.com/test/css21testsuite/blocks-031.xht>

<http://css-class.com/test/css21testsuite/blocks-036.xht>

This raises issues regarding the rules for handling parsing errors [1].

   Unexpected end of style sheet:

    | User agents must close all open constructs (for example: blocks,
    | parentheses, brackets, rules, strings, and comments) at the end
    | of the style sheet.

   The examples:

   @media screen {
     p:before { content: 'Hello