Hi list,

I tested the following 3 patterns for using @mixin declarations with
fallback in a number of browsers:

.finalPosition {
  background: green;
  color: white;
  @mixin includeMe(foo, bar);
}

This style rule tests whether a mixin declaration at the end of a block
affects the rest of the properties in that block.

.nonFinalPosition {
  background: green;
  @mixin includeMe(foo, bar);
  color: white;
}

This style rule tests whether a mixin declaration in the middle of a block
affects the rest of the properties in that block.

.artificialFinalPosition {
  background: green;
  @mixin includeMe(foo, bar);
}

.artificialFinalPosition {
  color: white;
}

This style rule tests whether a mixin declaration at the end of a block
affects properties declared in subsequent blocks.

I'm happy to report that on every browser I could get my hands on, all three
classes result in a green background with white text when applied to a div.
 I tested the following browsers:
* Internet Explorer 6
* Internet Explorer 7
* Internet Explorer 8
* Internet Explorer 9 beta
* Safari 3
* Safari 5
* Firefox 2
* Firefox 3
* Firefox 3.6
* Firefox 4
* Chrome 9
* Chrome 10
* Opera 11

I think it's clear that using an @-rule in this manner is safe on pretty
much every browser likely to be currently in use, or at least the vast
majority.

Cheers,
    -Shane