Re: CSS Mixins proposal

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 14:30:37 -0700
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Cc: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, Shane Stephens <shans@google.com>, Nathan Weizenbaum <nweiz@google.com>, Chris Eppstein <chris@eppsteins.net>
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:
> [Tab Atkins:]
>> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com> wrote:
>> > I will go into detail of parsing in a follow up email.
>>
>> No offense, but please don't, unless it's relevant to the Mixins proposal.
>> If you must detail parsing irregularities, please do so in the form of
>> bugs against the relevant browsers instead.
>
> No offense, but as long as they're related to the syntax you've proposed
> I think this is perfectly relevant. If someone is kind enough to take
> the time to explain the impact of any new syntax on existing browsers,
> they should be most welcome to do so. Compatibility with the ideas in
> your head, on your blog and in some WebKit patch are secondary.

That's precisely why I said "unless it's relevant to the Mixins
proposal".  ^_^  If it's unrelated parsing bugs, like Opera 11
incorrectly parsing character escapes in some situations, that should
be reported directly to Opera and/or be brought up in a separate
thread; in this thread it would simply be clutter, and be harder to
search for later than if it had its own, appropriately titled, thread.