I18N-ISSUE-11 ([css-writing-modes]): Bidi algorithm boundaries [CSS3-writing-modes]

From: Internationalization Core Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:31:39 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org,public-i18n-core@w3.org

I18N-ISSUE-11 ([css-writing-modes]): Bidi algorithm boundaries [CSS3-writing-modes]

Raised by: Matitiahu Allouche
On product: CSS3-writing-modes

2. Inline Direction and Bidirectionality
http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-css3-writing-modes-20110201/#text-direction

WG Reviewed: Yes

"User agents that support bidirectional text must apply the
Unicode bidirectional algorithm to every sequence of inline boxes
uninterrupted by a forced (bidi class B) line break or block boundary."
should be
"User agents that support bidirectional text must apply the
Unicode bidirectional algorithm to every sequence of inline boxes
uninterrupted by a forced (bidi class B) paragraph break or block
boundary."

Rationale: the status of line breaks, in particular the <br> tag, re
bidi isolation is blurry. Paragraphs are unequivocal bidi isolators.