Re: Possible text-shadow enhancements

Brad Kemper wrote:

> Box-shadow also allows multiple shadows. Insets are all above the background and others are all below the background, even if they are interleaved in the value list.

Oops. Sorry about that, dunno where I got this idea.

> Jordan -- I've got some more involved examples I can pass your way if you like, but you definitely have to be wary of performance impact if you get too frisky.
>
> - Brian

Well, for this mock-up, I did not care much about performance. But
considering the fact that we already allow multiple shadows, maybe
allowing spread radii or inset shadows may not be much more cpu
intensive.
Some feedback from implementors would be welcome ;)

Anyways, I implemented the box-shadow behavior for text-shadow in my
mock-up: now the inset shadows are always painted above the text, in
the correct order.
I also fixed compatibility with most major canvas-supporting browsers:
now everything should work with the latest Firefox, Opera, Chrome and
Webkit nightly.

---

So... about the proposal, it seems that there are now 3 main requests:
- accept foreground-color in the text-shadow declaration, for graceful
degradation
- allow the specification of a spread radius for shadows
- allow inset shadows

Could these be considered, and added to the standard ?

Regards,

Jordan Osete