RE: [css3-background] Default shadow color

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 01:51:43 +0000
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
CC: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
[Brad Kemper:]
> It would be something quick and easy for an implementor to change,
> wouldn't it?

Sure but if the current model is interoperable and doesn't cause any
harm or concern in practice it's likely to be low priority. I don't
exactly have a long line of developers complaining that specifying a
color after setting 2 or 3 length offsets is the bane of their existence
and I couldn't spot one in publicly open bug queues either. Nor is anyone
loudly agitating for the respect of each browser vendor's fundamental right
to pick the color that makes them happiest.