Re: [css3-background] Default shadow color

On Mar 3, 2011, at 5:51 PM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:

> [Brad Kemper:]
>> It would be something quick and easy for an implementor to change,
>> wouldn't it?
>
> Sure but if the current model is interoperable and doesn't cause any
> harm or concern in practice it's likely to be low priority. I don't
> exactly have a long line of developers complaining that specifying a
> color after setting 2 or 3 length offsets is the bane of their existence
> and I couldn't spot one in publicly open bug queues either. Nor is anyone
> loudly agitating for the respect of each browser vendor's fundamental right
> to pick the color that makes them happiest.

I'd rather leave it undefined in the hope that perhaps some specialized UA could do the right thing (while the big guns Web browsers maintain status quo if it is so much to ask to change), than to mandate a useless default that can render text unreadable. And I'd expect consistency of the default between box- and text-shadow.