Re: css3-fonts: should not dictate usage policy with respect to origin

From: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 06:08:05 -0700 (PDT)
To: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Cc: John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>, Vladimir Levantovsky <Vladimir.Levantovsky@monotypeimaging.com>, liam@w3.org, StyleBeyondthePunchedCard <www-style@w3.org>, public-webfonts-wg@w3.org, www-font@w3.org, "Martin J." <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Glenn Adams wrote:

> > As background, I think it would be useful to read through a
> > description of a recent WebGL security issue below.  The context is
> > slightly different but the issue is the same, especially what is
> > described in the section "Cross-Domain Image Theft":
> >
> >   http://www.contextis.com/resources/blog/webgl/
>
> i will take a look at this, but it sounds like "content protection"
> and DRM scope to me just from the phrase "image theft"

You should look at this more carefully, it relates more to the security
of *users* than to the security of the underlying content. It's worth a
close study, it highlights a class of security issue that user agents
must deal with these days.  Including user agents on set-top boxes that
want to support recent W3C specifications.

John Daggett