Re: [css3-speech] Test suite

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 00:36:37 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org, "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
On 06/29/2011 08:38 PM, Simon Fraser wrote:
> I'm curious about what the test suite for CSS3 speech would be like.
> Would it involve someone having to listen through several hundred
> test cases? Is there some other, more mechanized way to do the testing?

I think there will have to be a significant number of manually-verified
tests, many of which will likely be even more subjective than the CSS1
font tests. But you can still reftest a bunch of them. "This file must be
aurally identical to this other file." "This file must be aurally different
from this other file."

~fantasai