RE: [css3-regions] region intrinsic size and aspect ratio

Unlike its pre-region state, a region has no intrinsic content, so it can't really be expected to be same size as before. But it is still a block... The thread Edward pointed at had some good arguments, I'll follow up there.

From: Stephen Zilles [mailto:szilles@adobe.com]
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2011 2:16 PM
To: Alex Mogilevsky; Vincent Hardy; W3C style mailing list
Subject: RE: [css3-regions] region intrinsic size and aspect ratio

Alex,
  If the element that becomes a region is a block element (prior to noting it is a region), I would expect that its size would be determined like a block; that is, assuming the default "auto" values for size, it would be the width of its containing block and as high as needed by its contents. Why would that not be the right answer? Or, are you asking the question only when the element that becomes a region is an inline?

Steve Zilles