Re: Unicode normalization in CSS [css3-namespace]

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 14:12:36 -0400
To: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On 04/07/2011 08:11 PM, fantasai wrote:
> There was a very very very long thread on Unicode normalization in CSS
> back in January/February of 2009. [...]

This is a formal response from the CSS Working Group with regards to CSS
Namespaces CR <http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-namespace/> whose Disposition of
Comments is here: <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-namespace/issues-3>

The CSS Working Group believes this issue to be out-of-scope for Namespaces.
We believe it needs to be addressed at a higher, W3C-wide level, and should
be filed as an issue with the TAG. We are therefore closing this as
out-of-scope for CSS Namespaces, which are internal to a single CSS file
anyway and therefore least likely to present problems wrt normalization.

Please let us know if this resolution is acceptable to you.

~fantasai