Re: [css3-content] typo: «» became +;

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 09:12:51 -0700
To: w3-style@boblet.net
Cc: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 10:30 PM, Oli Studholme <w3-style@boblet.net> wrote:
> Finally, I think the example selectors could be improved
>    :lang(no) > q {…}
>    :lang(fr) > * {…}
> The lang attribute is inherited so the child selector is irrelevant,
> and (correct me if I’m wrong) the quotes property is currently only
> used on the <q> element. As the * selector is very expensive as the
> rightmost selector, it would be best not to use it as an example of
> recommended CSS practice. Why not just:
>    :lang(no) {…}
>    :lang(fr) {…}
> or
>    q:lang(no) {…}
>    q:lang(fr) {…}
> ?

I believe the point here is that the quote marks are based off the
language of the surrounding content, not the language of the quote
itself.  If I'm writing a paper in French, it doesn't matter whether
the quote I'm inserting is French, English, or Arabic - they should
all use the French style of quote marks.

~TJ