[css3-speech] tables and speak-header

From: Andrew Thompson <lordpixel@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 23:20:25 -0400
To: www style <www-style@w3.org>
I just realized the CSS3 speech module is silent on tables. In particular speak-header is missing.  Indeed the whole contents of section A.11 Audio rendering of tables from CSS 2.1 is gone completely.

Given we've recently been discussing list rendering, was there a decision to drop tables entirely?

I actually implemented what was in CSS2 for aural tables as part of my Masters thesis back in 1998 or so. I thought it worked well, so I am wondering what the current thinking is.