RE: [css3-images] linear-gradient keywords and angles are opposite

From: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 16:17:17 +0000
To: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
CC: Florian Rivoal <florianr@opera.com>, "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
Simon Fraser:
> This thread has gone on long enough.
>
> We're at the point where we obviously have a bunch of competing
> suggestions, and are not going to reach consensus. It's at this point
> that you have to stop and ask yourself (especially if you are in a
> minority) "can I live with a spec which says X".
>
> I suggest that Tab revert his edit to the spec that changed the meaning
> of the keywords for linear-gradient (since it wasn't resolved by the
> WG), and we all step back and consider whether the spec is workable in
> that form.

There are several edits that haven't been resolved by the WG that are in the current ED.

I suggest the edit stays and then "we all step back".

With reversion, the issue that I raised remains unaddressed.  With the edit, the issue is resolved.

Given there are unhappy parties either way, if it's a split committee is it not better to have the inconsistency resolved rather than "lived with"?