RE: [css3-lists] Published as WD!

From: Belov, Charles <Charles.Belov@sfmta.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 13:39:45 -0700
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Cc: "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Håkon Wium Lie wrote on Wednesday, June 01, 2011 2:21 AM

> But I don't think these should be predefined. Footnote marker
> vary widely and sanctioning one specific list seems wrong.
> The 'lower-alpha-symbolic' and 'upper-alpha-symbolic' gives a
> slightly different result than 'lower-alpha' and
> 'upper-alpha', but I'm not convinced this warrants predefined status.

A, B, ... AA, BB, ... AAA, BBB, ... is the alphabetic "numbering" produced by Microsoft Word.  It comes up as an issue for us in legal notices, which sometimes have long lists of actionable items, which is why I requested it.  That is, it has been a real-world issue for me.

Hope this helps,
Charles Belov
SFMTA Webmaster