Re: [css3-images] Features Overview

From: Raphaël Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 09:19:58 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, www-style@w3.org, public-media-fragment@w3.org
Dear Tab,

> I agree that it's difficult to find a good answer.  If we think the
> problem is essentially impossible, then we should just make it
> explicitly unsupported, not undefined.

Follow-up of this thread, the Editor Draft now states (section 4.2.2),

"Note that in the case of pixel-based clipping areas, application of
those areas to multi-resolutions visual media is unsupported. More
generally, pixel-clip an image that does not have a single well defined
pixel resolution (width and height) is not recommended."

Do you agree with this reformulation?
Best regards.

Raphaël Troncy
2229, route des Crêtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/