Re: [css3-ui] editor's draft updated per [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions F2F Kyoto Sat: CSS3 Fonts, Regions, @viewport, Variables, @supports, Selectors4, Administrivia

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 23:44:27 -0700
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
To: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
On Jul 7, 2011, at 9:51 PM, Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:

> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-ui/
>
> In addition, I've added:
> * ime-mode (already unprefixed interop between FF3+ and IE5+/Windows)
> * box-sizing:padding-box (implemented in FF on -moz-box-sizing only)

I noticed that for box-sizing, the min/max height/width are mentioned:

The specified width and height (and respective min/max properties) on this element determine the border[ | padding | content ] box of the element.

Cool. Does this mean that this might actually be implemented? Currently, it seems to not be[1] (for anything other than content-box), but I don't know why not. I've been frustrated by this lack before, and I wonder if there is some reason for it, or if implementors just haven't gotten around to it yet?

1) http://www.quirksmode.org/css/box.html