Re: [css3-speech] voice-pitch

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:40:18 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
On 07/13/2011 01:02 PM, Daniel Weck wrote:
> On 13 Jul 2011, at 20:28, fantasai wrote:
>>> I would expect a speech engine to support a specific range of admissible
>>> frequencies, and to gracefully handle "awkward"  values such as 0Hz.
>> You should specify this explicitly -- that there may be UA-specific limits
>> on the frequency and that UAs must clamp out-of-range actual (as opposed to
>> used or computed) values to this range.
> What about this?

Pretty good, but I would say, take the sentence
   "Computed absolute frequency values that are negative are clamped to zero Hertz."
out of the value definitions and prepend it to the "Speech-capable user agents"
paragraph. Then move that entire thing after the property value definition list,
since it's better to get an overview of the values first before describing this

# absolute
#   This keyword specifies that the provided frequency is expressed as an absolute,
#   positive value. When a negative value is provided, it is clamped to zero.

For the first sentence:
   s/is expressed as/represents/
Change the second sentence to
   If a negative frequency is specified, the computed frequency will be zero.
which is a little more accurate as to which values are affected how.