Re: [css3-speech] voice-pitch

From: Daniel Weck <daniel.weck@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 17:33:35 +0100
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
To: www style <www-style@w3.org>

On 7 Jul 2011, at 18:38, fantasai wrote:
> Percentage offset makes a little more sense, but still, not much imho.
> If we're keeping it though, we might as well be consistent with SSML.

I agree (with the second sentence).

Regarding consistency with SSML: the concept of "relative change" in SSML is based on decrement / increment, whereas CSS-Speech follows CSS-Syntax which uses multiplication!

http://www.w3.org/TR/speech-synthesis11/#relative_values

http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-values/#percentages

Are we allowed to redefine the use "+/-NUMBER%" in CSS-Speech, to actually mean "add the specified fraction of the inherited value, to the inherited value" ? Based on our previous discussions I thought that this was not allowed.

Thanks!
Dan