Re: CSSWG moving to drop display:run-in from CSS 2.1 due to insufficient implementation

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 21:21:32 -0500
To: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
CC: www-style@w3.org
On 1/25/11 6:53 PM, Tantek Çelik wrote:
> Proposed actions:
> * copy definition of CSS 2.1 display:run-in to CSS3 Box Model Module
> * publish an updated working draft of that module with that update
> * copy display:run-in tests to a draft CSS3 Box Model Module test suite
> * remove definition of display:run-in from CSS 2.1
> * remove display:run-in tests from CSS 2.1 test suite
'
That sounds like a great plan. One other thing that needs to happen
(possibly longer-term): we need a few more run-in tests, because there
were spec changes and clarification after the current set of tests were
written (e.g. the behavior of "clear" on a run-in is not tested by the
current tests last I checked).

-Boris