RE: Making alternate stylesheets more useful + site selectors

Thanks Boris for the idea.  http://www.alistapart.com/articles/alternate/
This link describes it.  It looks very complicated.  There are lots of ways probably to provide skins, however, was looking for a simple way.  I want to do this with SVG which is XML.

In the latest spec for attaching XML stylesheets 'alternate' is defined as:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet/#the-xml-stylesheet-processing-instruction

alternate
If the value is "yes", it indicates that the referenced style sheet is an alternative style sheet, and documents must also specify the title pseudo-attribute with a non-empty value. If specified, documents must set the value to either "yes" or "no".

This has no direction as to what user agents should do with these.

In any case, I still like what Mozilla did with site-selectors as this provides a way to add stuff to a user stylesheet without fear of name clashes with other web sites.

Regards,

Andrew Shropshire
AT&T Government Solutions, Inc.
703-506-5708

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are AT&T property, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.