From: tao.yu@nokia.com
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2011 4:39 PM
To: www-style@w3.org
Cc: Art.Barstow@nokia.com
Subject: [css3-background] 'background: url(foo) white' and 'background:
url(foo), white'

Hi,

I am not clear about the last statement in section 3.10 "The 'background'
shorthand property", which says:

Note that 'background: url(foo) white' and 'background: url(foo), white'
have the same effect.

Does that mean comma can be used between any of the individual properties
and have the same effect as without it? If so,

background: repeat-x, url("support/green15x15.png"), red, padding-box;

is equivalent to:

background: repeat-x url("support/green15x15.png") red padding-box;

Is that correct? I would appreciate if this can be confirmed and explained
in more details.

Thanks,
-Tao